This is a compilation of tips for your success. Some of these are a repeat of things I have already said, but I feel these tips are crucial for your success.
Some of these tips are not only useful in the Internet Marketing business, but also in everyday life.
- You will need some sort of word document program for writing. I use Microsoft Word Document. If you do not have a document program, you can download Open Office for free. Open Office has data, presentation, and other useful programs. It is comparable to Microsoft Office. If you plan to write/create your own web pages; I recommend using this free site builder. It will take some technical skill, but instructional videos are included. It is easier than you might think.
- You will need to learn the basic skills so you can create your own content. The For Dummy’s books are very helpful. Also check your local library, they often have free workshops. Don’t be afraid to pick the librarians brain, that’s what your tax dollars are paying them for. Most have Masters Degrees. I plan to keep this blog up for many years to come, refer back often.
- Stay focused and disciplined. Pick one thing to do, work on it till completion, then move on to the next. It is very easy to get distracted and get information overload. There is no push button software that is going to make you rich. If you are not willing to put in the time to build a business, this is not for you. If you do commit to this, the rewards can be phenomenal.
- You want to create and keep a good reputation on the Internet. Promoting something that turns out to be a scam is going to reflect on you. Do your research before promoting anything. Google it and see what others are saying about the product or service. Just use your common sense, there are people out there that write bad reviews in order to promote their own product. Check out the scams page. If you plan to build your own website or blog, be careful. There are people out there advocating "black/gray hat" techniques. Please be sure to not use these techniques. Your website/blog will be labeled as spam. Your best bet is to go about it the right way. It will take some time to build, but your reputation and site reputation is worth it. Credibility and quality is what the search engines are looking for and it will pay off in the long run. If you are not sure, go to the Google Webmaster Guidelines site. Google has many other free tools to help you.
- Check out the "DYI" and "Quick start pages." Do not rush into anything. Take your time and make informed decisions. My intention here is not primarily to sell you anything. I created this site because I wish someone had created one for me to use when I first started. There is a lot of useful free information on here, so I encourage you to make the most of it.
Please be sure to sign up for my newsletter, I have lots of free material to give away. If you are new and have not received the Internet Marketing Library, you can download it here. You will need the password to unlock it. The password is imbasics